General Meaning: Reaping the financial and spiritual fruits of your hard labor. Positive: A harvest does not appear overnight. It is something that only comes to pass after you have worked hard and then allowed the Lord to do His part as well.
• You sow the seeds and fertilizer and it is the Lord that brings the rain.
If you work God’s way, then you can expect a great harvest.
• Although the sign of a harvest is positive proof of a great reward, it speaks again of hard work.
To reap the harvest is heavy labor, but it is enjoyable labor.
• In most cultures this is a time of celebration and joy. So a harvest represents working hard but enjoying that work that will complete the reward that the Lord has given to you!
• Mark 4:29 But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has arrived.
• If you seek the Lord putting a sickle in your hand, then He is saying that the harvest is ready!
• In ministry, a harvest is also a picture of reaching the lost for the Lord and bringing them into the Kingdom.
• John 4:35 Do you not say, There are still four months, and [then] comes harvest? behold, I say to you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already for harvest.
• Negative: When weeds are in your harvest, it means that you did not work according to God’s plan or that the enemy got in somewhere to bring division. (Matt 13:30)
• If the harvest is poor or weak, this is also an indication of the attack of the enemy and a spirit of destruction.
• See also: Plants, Seed.